<img src="/icons/warning_red.svg" alt="/icons/warning_red.svg" width="40px" /> As of 07/15 we are no longer looking for a Chief Technology Officer. If you came to this site via a job posting site, this job wasn’t listed there by us.
Share this page with a CivicLink: https://civicl.ink/cto
👀 What we’re looking for
We are looking for a curious and politics-savvy technologist that leads our digital efforts from platform development to data analysis. You will be reporting directly to and working closely with our co-founder and CEO and will be the first C-level hire of CivicBell — now if that isn’t exciting!
You’ll be working out of our offices in Palo Alto, California with significant flexibility in working remotely multiple days a week.
- Set our technology stack and educate our team to execute on it
- Manage our tech teams using Agile methodologies (preferably scrum or kanban)
- Develop and execute our technological vision together with the founders
- Support the budgeting process for all tech aspects of the business
- You know we’re a start-up, so chances are other stuff will randomly surface
- Full-stack development experience in a modern development environment
- Bachelor’s (preferably Master’s) Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or other relevant fields
- Preferably a deep understanding of the U.S. democratic systems, especially at the sub-federal level
- Preferably experience in holding public office, serving in a public agency, or the U.S. military
- If you think you’re underqualified, please still apply — we care much more about your drive, vision, and energy than about your CV!