Share this page with a CivicLink: https://civicl.ink/seniordatascientist
👀 What we’re looking for
We are looking for a data enthusiast that takes the lead in gaining insights from our vast database of structured and unstructured political data. You will be reporting directly to and working closely with our CTO and will be the founding Senior Data Science hire!
You’ll be working out of our offices in Palo Alto, California with significant flexibility in working remotely multiple days a week.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- You know we’re a start-up, so chances are other stuff will randomly surface
- Data Scientist experience in a fast-paced environment outside of just academia
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL, and Python
- Familiarity with web developing languages, Java, and/or C++ is an asset
- Preferably a basic understanding of NLP and relevant tools (e.g. GPT-3)
- Bachelor’s (preferably Master’s) Degree in Data Science or other relevant fields
- Preferably a deep understanding of the U.S. democratic systems, especially at the sub-federal level
- If you think you’re underqualified, please still apply — we care much more about your drive, vision, and energy than about your CV!