<img src="/icons/warning_red.svg" alt="/icons/warning_red.svg" width="40px" /> As of 08/20 we are no longer looking for software engineers. Please still reach out however, we’d love still stay in touch to reach out by the time we are hiring again!
Share this page with a CivicLink: https://civicl.ink/softwareengineer
👀 What we’re looking for
We are looking for a web front- or backend engineer (you choose), ideally with an interest in local politics. You’ll be reporting directly to and working closely with our CTO and will join our founding engineering team.
You are comfortable working independently while willing to have regular check-ins. At this point, we are a remote-first company, while the management team is located in Palo Alto, CA. You are willing to work within PT to ET hours.
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and quality assurance
- Willing to work in scrum-like environment
- Display ownership in one’s user stories and tasks to produce working software after each sprint
- Willingness to propose alterations to current software, ideas for future feature, and independently report bugs and other issues
- You know we’re a start-up, so chances are other stuff will randomly surface
- Comfortable engaging in software development with Git
- Familiarity with data science developing languages such as R and Python is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant fields
- Preferably a deep understanding of the U.S. democratic systems, especially at the sub-federal level
- If you think you’re underqualified, please still apply — we care much more about your drive, vision, and energy than about your CV!